2018-2019 Intern & Apprentice Program
Deadline: March 05, 2018
Florida Studio Theatre, a LORT D regional theatre in Sarasota, FL is seeking qualified applicants for the 2018-2019 Intern & Apprentice Program. The program is an immersive and comprehensive way to bridge the gap between academic theatre and the professional world and to provide additional training and experience to those individuals who are serious about careers as theatre professionals. Applicants must have a strong passion for theatre, a desire to learn more about professional theatre and an interest in being a part of a community of artists.
Positions are offered in the following areas: Acting, Artistic, Audience Services, Business Management, Carpentry, Company Management, Costuming, Development, Directing, Education/Outreach, Lighting, Literary, Marketing, Playwriting, Production Management, Props/Painting, Sound and Stage Management
Compensation package includes:
• Free, furnished shared housing, including utiilities, cable, and internet.
• Weekly stipend.
• 25% discount at The Green Room Café & Bar.
• Two comp tickets to each FST production.
• Professional development, networking opportunities, and admission to FST classes & workshops.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
• Be at least 21 years old.
• Be able to commit to a year-long program. (Starting in May or September)
• Have appropriate academic and/or professional experience.
To Apply Submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject FST 18-19 Intern Application:
• Completed application
• Headshot or current jpg picture
• Theatre Resume
• Non-Theatre/Professional Resume.
• 3 Letters of Recommendation
• Writing Sample -For Marketing, Literary, or Playwriting.
• Work Sample – For Sound, Lighting & Costumes.
Florida Studio Theatre is committed to developing a work environment that is reflective of the diverse community that it serves. Applicants from all populations and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Consideration for employment will be given to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, gender identity/sexual orientation, age or ability.