Administrative Assistant – Finance & Development for The Sarasota Ballet
Administrative Assistant – Finance & Development
The Sarasota Ballet is looking for an exceptionally detail oriented and self-motivated individual to join our administrative team as an Administrative Assistant to the Finance and Development departments.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Finance Director, Development Director and Executive Director (as needed). This position supports the overall needs of the Finance and Development departments by providing efficient and accurate data entry and clerical support for accounting, development and executive daily operations as well as additional assigned projects.
- Ensuring data is entered into the appropriate database in a timely manner completely and accurately.
- Identifying any problems with the database and taking appropriate action in discussion with your manager.
- Assisting in month end reporting.
- Processing accounts payable and receivables as needed.
- Perform all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations.
- Prepare credit card statements and expense accounts for Finance Director.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Copy checks received, code and enter into donor database.
- Provide reports with required information as requested from donor and finance databases.
- Performing administrative tasks for the Executive Director.
- Ensuring that the on-going reports for specific projects are kept up-to-date.
- Maintaining adequate records, keeping an up-to-date filing system.
- Sending standard letters and reports.
- Taking brief notes at Project Team Meetings.
- Assisting the team with large mails.
- Photocopying documents for dissemination / circulation.
- Assisting in the organization of meetings, including confirming dates, sending information to attendees, booking rooms and ordering refreshments.
- Maintain office supplies as required.
- Coordinate and manage all IT concerns as requested.
Additional duties as required.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; may substitute combination of education, training and expertise.
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience.
- Data entry experience with an ability to record data accurately and timely.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to find and correct data mistakes.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a fast paced office environment and dealing with high stress situations effectively.
- Excellent computer skills with experience using QuickBooks and Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel. DonorPerfect a plus.
- Experience providing excellent customer service.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Be prompt and dependable.
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude.
For consideration, please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.