Asolo Repertory Theatre Seeks Assistant Master Electrician
The nationally recognized Asolo Rep (LORT B) seeks experienced Assistant Master Electrician for a salaried position to start October of 2019
• Read and interpret lighting plot and other drawings in association with the Master Electrician
• Have basic programming knowledge of ETC GIO (EOS Software) lighting console
• Run light board for Dress rehearsal and performances
• Run a preshow check to make sure all equipment is working prior to performances and troubleshoot as needed
• Install and wire various set mounted practicals including but not limited to LED tape, 12v incandescent battery operated lighting, and 110v sconces, lamps, etc.
• Maintenance and repair of moving lights (Vari*lite, Martin, ETC Revolution)
• Strong communication and time management skills,
• Ability to program moving lights and work with projection equipment
• Detailed knowledge of lighting, current technologies, equipment maintenance, and troubleshooting
• Knowledge and troubleshooting abilities for Ethernet and DMX protocols.
• Keeping the electrics shop clean and organized in order to keep the work environment productive.
Applicants should have three years of professional theatre experience, or BA and 2 years of professional experience, familiarity with the fundamentals of electricity, general computer operation, ability to lift and carry 60 pounds, and the ability to climb ladders and work at heights. Must be able to work well under high pressure and stressful situations.
Experience with a theater company working in rotating rep is a plus.
Position is covered under an agreement between Asolo Rep and IATSE Local 412. Full time, Non-Exempt, seasonal
Competitive salary/benefits. Asolo Rep is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applicants will be reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, gender, veteran status, national origin, marital status, or sexual preference. No phone calls, please.
Applications are accepted only through our online portal https://asolorep.wufoo.com/forms/sox3pqt12y4w1r/
Website for more information https://www.asolorep.org