Asolo Theatre Seeks Public Relations Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for the public relations and publicity needs of Asolo Repertory Theatre including all productions, events and fundraising activities, playing a key role in the promotion of Asolo Rep’s mission and overall brand. Create and maintain favorable public image of the entire organization through preparation and distribution of information to newspapers, periodicals, television, radio and other forms of media.
• Proven ability to secure local, regional and national press coverage
• Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships with local and regional press
• Demonstrated creative writing and verbal communication abilities
• Working knowledge of established press protocols of journalists and newsrooms
• Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with artists, staff, the public, and volunteers in an effective, professional, and tactful manner.
• Demonstrated ability to leverage social media for PR outreach
• Ability to be pro-active, work independently, prioritize tasks, and exercise good judgment
• Detail and deadline oriented
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
• Experience working for a nonprofit theatre or performing arts organization a plus.
• Ability to represent the organization at social and media events
• Demonstrated ability to create unique media opportunities
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• 3-5 years experience in public relations, journalism, or related field
• High School diploma required, college degree preferred.
Please email resume, writing samples, salary requirements and references to Judith_Lambert@asolo.org.
Website for more information https://www.asolorep.org/about/work-with-us/employment
Organization Contact Name Judith Lambert
Organization Contact E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization Contact Phone Number (941) 351-9010