- This event has passed.
Frances Newton Culinary Institute
January 16 : 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 6:00 pm on day Third of the month, repeating until May 22, 2020
Join Historic Spanish Point as we introduce a new and engaging program that our dear friend, Frances Newton, had a passion for — cooking and education!Nicole Coudal of My Delicious Blog brings us culinary-focused learning sessions that include all-natural, healthy ingredients we can often find right in our backyards. From fruits to flowers, we will discover unique ways of preparing these items to serve your friends and family.
Each session will get you “cooking” with new ideas, and offer tips that will transform your next meal into one from nature! The introduction of concepts, techniques, and advice will give you the steps you need to successfully execute each recipe in the comfort of your own kitchen. Plus, you’ll enjoy samples of the delicious recipes Nicole demonstrates.
$10 for Historic Spanish Point Members | $15 for Future Members. Tickets can be purchased online or by calling (941) 966-5214. Please call for Member pricing.
- Thursday, January 16 , 2020 | 6:00pm – 7:00pm — Celebrate Tomato Season with Gazpacho
- Thursday, February 20, 2020 | 6:00pm – 7:00pm — All Hail Kale (Salads)!
- Thursday, March 19, 2020 | 6:00pm – 7:00pm — Using Sour Oranges for Tasty Mojo
- Thursday, April 16, 2020 | 6:00pm – 7:00pm — Fresh Tumeric in a Zippy Slaw
- Thursday, May 21, 2020 | 6:00pm – 7:00pm — Bertha Palmer & Sarasota’s Celery Legacy