Tourist Development Cultural/Arts Program
The Tourist Development Cultural/Arts (TDC/A) program offers competitive funding to arts and cultural organizations for the production and marketing of performances, exhibitions and events that attract tourists to Sarasota County. Funding for the TDC/A program comes from the Tourist Development Tax (TDT) collected on room rentals for a term of six months or less in Sarasota County.
Each year the Arts and Cultural Alliance of Sarasota County sponsors a grant-making cycle to recommend contract awards to qualifying arts and cultural organizations of Sarasota County. The ACA issues a request for proposals, assembles a panel to review applications, and then makes recommendations to the Tourist Development Council (TDC) which in turn sends its recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners (BCC) for final approval.
TDC/A Grant information for Fiscal Year 2025
- Grant Guidelines – The grant guidelines include information on eligibility, performance targets, and grant scoring)
- Overview of changes to the TDC/A Guidelines from FY24 to FY25
- Timeline of FY25 grant process
- Budget Worksheet
Two information sessions were held on Feb. 7 and Feb. 9 to walk through this year’s grant cycle:
- PowerPoint Presentation – Click here to download
- Recorded Virtual Session (Passcode: tW!N5DHm) https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/2EeTI2xdWpL86lEKd0usvlJLFmbqcxHPmvruOmArRwemwWr7bhUohv0dlPrXm0VP.qsMX8DiEmJB8hroy
- If you were unable to attend one of the sessions but have questions, please reach out to our team at TDCAgrants@sarasotaarts.org
The application for Fiscal Year 2025 will open on Monday, February 5 and close on Monday, April 1 at 5pm.
Interested in being a panelist?
We are actively recruiting grant panelists to help us review TDC/A grant applications. If you have arts experience, live in South Sarasota County (south of Blackburn Point Rd.), or are simply an interested community member, please fill out the form at the link below and our team will get in touch!
If you have any further questions, please reach out to our team at TDCAgrants@sarasotaarts.org