Tourist Development Cultural/Arts Program
TDC/A Program Information
Last year, more than two million dollars of tourist tax collections from hotels and short term rentals (less than six months) supported the arts and cultural organizations of Sarasota Country to offer exciting programming. The Arts and Cultural Alliance manages the TDC/A grant making cycles each year to ensure that the process is fair, transparent and meets the goals and requirements of the program guidelines.
- Offer exciting arts/cultural programming
- Attract tourists to Sarasota County
- Maintain Sarasota’s place as a cultural center
Guidelines and Eligibility
Basic qualifications to apply include:
- 501 (c) 3 and operating as a non-profit for at least one year
- One-to-one dollar match (25% in-kind)
- Activities must occur in Sarasota County
- Programming must have an artistic/cultural purpose that appeals to tourists
View last year’s proposals HERE. Username: grantapp Password: tdca Keep in mind that these are examples of the original applications only. When an application narrative is unclear or incomplete, additional questions are asked in writing and during personal interviews. This link is provided to serve as an illustration of previously submitted applications and represents a range of scores from “very high” to “not recommended” for funding. Please read the FY20 information from the grant workshops for guidance. New applicants are encouraged to contact Fern Tavalin with questions about the program qualifications and requirements.