Tourist Development Cultural/Arts Program
TDC/A Program Information
Last year, more than $1.6 million dollars of tourist tax collections from hotels and short term rentals (less than six months) supported the arts and cultural organizations of Sarasota County to offer exciting programming. The Arts and Cultural Alliance manages the Tourist Development Cultural/Arts grant making program each year to ensure that the process is fair, transparent and meets the goals and requirements of the program guidelines.
- Offer exciting arts/cultural programming
- Attract tourists to Sarasota County
- Maintain Sarasota’s place as a cultural center
Guidelines and Eligibility
Basic qualifications to apply include:
- 501 (c) 3 and operating as a non-profit for at least one year
- One-to-one dollar match (25% in-kind)
- Activities must occur in Sarasota County
- Programming must have an artistic/cultural purpose that appeals to tourist
Additional Information Materials:
Application opens: December 6, 2021
Application link: https://sarasota-arts.gosmart.org/
To view last year’s proposals: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1V-B2J6kxrOO9AY3DhAoOrsfINmuoXBeC
This link is provided to serve as an illustration of previously submitted applications and represents a range of scores from “very high” to “barely recommended” for funding. Keep in mind that these are examples of the original applications only. When the application narrative was unclear, additional questions were asked in writing and during individual interviews.
Please direct all TDC/A questions to Fern Tavalin, TDCAgrants@sarasotaarts.org .