Sarasota Opera Announces a “Super” Casting Call for Men
Sarasota Opera is seeking a number of enthusiastic, outgoing men to volunteer as supernumeraries, or “supers”, the non-singing and non-speaking extras in the opera productions for its 2019 Winter Festival Season. Age range for these characters is from young adult to 65. The “super” roles are for men only.
To be considered for a super role:
• Must be no taller than 5’10”
• Must weigh no more than 170 lbs.-175 lbs.
• Be physically fit
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
• Be able to perform onstage without glasses
• Be able to see in both dim and bright light
• Be able to walk on slopes and stairs and be able to kneel
• Be able to wear elaborate and sometimes very heavy costumes
• Be willing to shave
Rehearsals will start in mid-January 2019 and the final performance of the winter season is March 24, 2019.
The operas for which supers are needed are Puccini’s epic Turandot and Verdi’s biblically inspired Nabucco. The super roles include soldiers, banner carriers, Hebrew and Babylonian priests, servants, and others.
Men interested in participating in this exciting season, please contact Director of Artistic Administration Greg Trupiano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-366-8450 ext. 534 to schedule an appointment.
Interviews will be on Thursday, November 1st, from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at the Sarasota Opera House.