Security – 1st Shift Museum Attendants needed at The Ringling Museum
Museum Attendants will work a variety of assigned posts and events in all buildings on the museum grounds and at The Asolo Repertory Theater, as well as patrol buildings and grounds on foot and by golf cart. Museum Attendants are responsible for the safety of all staff and visitors and the protection of the collection, buildings, and grounds. This position will occasionally utilize computers to write reports, send correspondences, and submit work orders.
• High school diploma/equivalent required.
• Must have the ability to communicate orally and in writing, as well as via computer and two-way radio.
• Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time, walk significant distances, patrol multi-story buildings, and climb stairs to respond to emergencies.
• Must be able to calmly respond to emergencies.
• Must be skilled in customer service as this is a front line position that interacts with and provides information to the visiting public.
• Must present a professional image in accordance with the established uniform and appearance standards.
• A valid driver’s license is required for this position.
• Please note, three professional references must be provided when applying (phone and/or email is acceptable) and will be contacted should you be interviewed.
• Verbal fluency in foreign languages, especially Spanish, German, French, Chinese, Italian, Portuguese, and Russian.
Anticipated Salary Range
$10.00 per hour.
Primary working hours are between 9:30 am – 5:00 pm on a rotating schedule. Approximately 28 hours per week. Weekends, evenings, and holidays will be required based the needs of the Ringling.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
Website for more information https://jobs.omni.fsu.edu/psc/sprdhr_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=47073&PostingSeq=1
Organization Name The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art/FSU Organization Contact Name Kaitlin Foss
Organization Contact E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization Contact Phone Number (941) 3595700