The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art Seeks Rose Garden Horticulturalist
The Rose Garden Horticulturalist is responsible for the maintenance of Mable’s Rose Garden and the Secret Garden on the Ringling Estate, supervises interns, and maintains liaison between local garden clubs, universities, and horticultural facilities. Responsibilities will include:
- Provides weekly maintenance of gardens. Removes spent leaves and debris from garden, weeds, and deadheads. Drives motorized vehicles to transport materials.
- Serves as point of contact for gardens’ volunteers, community service workers, and interns. Supervises work performed in the gardens and provides assistance in the proper care of trees, shrubs, ground covers, and plants.
- Oversees gardens’ spray program and pest management including the application of integrated pest management practices. Monitors for the presence of pest and takes appropriate measures to treat issues as they arise.
- Collaborates interdepartmentally to develop programming and promote gardens and grounds. Develops signage for the gardens.
- Answers visitor questions regarding the gardens. Participates in community outreach initiatives to cultivate relations, increase awareness of the gardens, and increase volunteer support from outside groups such as local garden clubs, universities, and horticulture facilities. Provides gardens and grounds based programming and educational workshops.
A Bachelor’s degree in an related field or a high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience.
Valid Florida driver’s license or ability to obtain prior to hire.
Ability and willingness to obtain Best Management Practices – Fertilizer certificate and Limited Lawn & Ornamental Pesticide Applicators licenses within first year. (Please note, all training provided by the Ringling.)
Computer application knowledge such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook), along with the ability to learn the TreeKeeper software suite and the ability to maintain records.
Ability to meet physical requirements – Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs, walk long distances, and work in extreme weather conditions.
Website for more information https://jobs.omni.fsu.edu/psc/sprdhr_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=45265&PostingSeq=1
Organization Contact Name Kaitlin Foss
Organization Contact E-mail email@example.com
Organization Contact Phone Number (941) 3595700