The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art/FSU Seeks Part-Time Museum Attendant, 3rd Shift (OPS) – Sarasota, FL
Job ID 46993
Apply on or before 2/21/2020 at: https://jobs.omni.fsu.edu/psc/sprdhr_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=46993&PostingSeq=1
Museum Attendants will work a variety of assigned posts and events in all buildings on the museum grounds and at The Asolo Repertory Theater, as well as patrol buildings and grounds on foot and by golf cart. Museum Attendants are responsible for the safety of all staff and visitors and the protection of the collection, buildings, and grounds. This position will occasionally utilize computers to write reports, send correspondences, and submit work orders.
Duties will include:
• Guarding against theft, vandalism, and other damage.
• Assisting with urgent/emergency situations, such as accidents/injuries, medical emergencies, theft, vandalism, and other incidents calmly and in a timely manner.
• Conducting daily inspections of assigned areas and escorting staff and guests.
• Monitoring visitor activity to ensure adherence to museum/Asolo policies and procedures.
• Customer service oriented at all times to include enforcing policies and interacting with guests, and briefly respond to visitor/staff requests and questions to the best of their ability in a courteous manner and/or direct them to where they can find the information.
• High school diploma/equivalent required.
• Must have the ability to communicate orally and in writing, as well as via computer and two-way radio.
• Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time, walk significant distances, patrol multi-story buildings, and climb stairs to respond to emergencies.
• Must be able to calmly respond to emergencies.
• Must be skilled in customer service as this is a front line position that interacts with and provides information to the visiting public.
• Must present a professional image in accordance with the established uniform and appearance standards.
• A valid driver’s license
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
Website for more information https://jobs.omni.fsu.edu/psc/sprdhr_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=46993&PostingSeq=1
Organization Name The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art/FSU Organization Contact Name Kaitlin Foss
Organization Contact E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization Contact Phone Number (941) 3595700