The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art Seeks Museum Education & Training Specialist
Organization Name The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art
Organization Contact Name Kaitlin Foss
Organization Contact E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization Contact Phone Number (941) 3595700
The Museum Education & Training Specialist develops and presents ongoing training for The Ringling museum docents, volunteers, and staff.
Bachelor’s Degree in Art History, Museum Studies, or Art Education and 2 years’ related experience.
– Knowledge of adult learning theory.
– Knowledge of and ability to apply the processes, procedures and methods used in museum operations in compliance with applicable governing entities such as the American Association of Museums.
– Ability to understand and interpret educational needs and to develop effective instructional solutions.
– Ability to prepare, coordinate, and conduct workshops.
– Skill in assessment and treatment of persons from diverse populations.
– Experience and skill in public speaking.
– Experience or the ability to conduct evaluations, and provide feedback and coaching.
– Experience working with volunteers.
– Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and to establish and maintain working relationships.
– Master’s Degree in a related field and at least 3 years experience designing, implementing, and evaluating training programs in a museum setting.
– Experience training and evaluating docents and volunteers.
– An in-depth knowledge of Art History.
$40,000 to $45,000 + Florida state benefits available. This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
Website for more information https://jobs.omni.fsu.edu/psc/sprdhr_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=44293&PostingSeq=1