The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art Seeks Part-Time Exhibition Design Assistant
Organization: The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art
Contact: Kaitlin Foss
Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone Number: (941) 359-5700
The Part-Time Exhibition Design Assistant works within the Preparator Department within Collections, and is responsible for duties that support the work of the exhibition designer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Exhibition Designer in the overall design process for the exhibitions with a focus on graphic layouts and digital enhancements.
- Communicate design solutions through 2D and 3D elevations, plans, and renderings.
- Produce production files to send to vendors and/or produce in-house.
- Format label content for exhibitions, permanent galleries, and gallery rotations.
- Responsible for printing, mounting, and cutting labels in-house.
-High school diploma or equivalent.
-Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Proficiency on a PC platform. Strong typography, composition, and color skills.
-Strong organization and time management skills. Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize. Enjoy working collaboratively on a team.
-Ability to understand Architectural plans and elevations.
-Knowledge of ADA standards.
-An interest in Environmental Graphic Design.
-A portfolio sample of 5 to 7 work examples must be attached to the candidate’s application packet when applying (PDF files or an internet link will be accepted).
$17 per hour/20 hours a week
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.