The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art Seeks Part-Time Exhibition Design Assistant
Organization Name The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art
Organization Contact Name Kaitlin Foss
Organization Contact E-mail email@example.com
Organization Contact Phone Number (941) 3595700
The Part-Time Exhibition Design Assistant works within the Preparator Department within Collections, and is responsible for duties that support the work of the exhibition designer.
Responsibilities will include:
– Participating in the overall design process for exhibitions with a focus on graphic layouts and digital enhancements.
– Formatting label content for exhibitions, permanent galleries, and gallery rotations.
– Providing additional support with installations to include: pressing/cutting/labels, matting/framing, and minor fabrication.
– Creating installation designs for smaller-scale installations and exhibitions as needed.
– High school diploma or equivalent.
– Proficiency in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, & Photoshop).
– Experience designing and producing large-scale graphics.
– Experience working within a team in graphics production.
– Strong attention to detail and understanding of how to prioritize/take initiative.
– Experience working within a team.
– Knowledge of composition and typography.
– Experience working within the context of gallery or museum setting to produce exhibitions.
– Experience with tactile production (precision cutting/mounting/installing).
– Ability to learn or knowledge of CAD and 3D modelling software.
– Knowledge of motion graphic software, digital video editing, or other skills related to designing and creating dynamic content.
– Knowledge of architectural documents, drawing to scale, plans, sections, and elevations.
– Ability to tell a story through design.
$17 per hour/20 hours a week between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, based on the needs of the Ringling, and may include weekends, evenings, or holidays.
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.Website for more information https://jobs.omni.fsu.edu/psc/sprdhr_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=44348&PostingSeq=1