Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall Seeks Education Associate
To support and assist education and community outreach programs in a variety of administration, program implementation, reporting, and marketing of the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall (VWPAH).
- Assists the Education Director in the coordination of events, outreach, and marketing of VWPAH to educational organizations.
- Communicates program activities to educational personnel within the four districts.
- Writes marketing materials including school time performances brochures, department study guides and other materials as assigned.
- Documents department activities through photos and videos.
- Assist with grants evaluations, prepares the final reports of yearly activities.
- Assists with record keeping and tracking of grant funding.
- Adjusts program to the needs and restrictions of educational organizations, including changes in school test schedules impacting performance days, change in school funding for programs and directing them to a source of funding
- Understands all levels of educational environments from principals to kindergarten teachers and has the ability to communicate effectively with all levels.
- Understands appropriate grade level experiences and curriculum pertaining to performing arts and the influence on learning styles.
- As assigned, writes and edits curriculum and leads workshops under the direction of the Education Director.
- May manage all aspects of schooltime performance box office ticket sales to accuracy for assigned performances.
- Receives inquiries and processes orders for school time performances and workshops, invoices for accounting department, records and tracks all accounting in excel spreadsheets to include department payable and revenues.
- Accompanies artists and artists/educators to the outreach sites.
- Manages teaching artists’ schedules, contracts and invoices for Artworks modules, visits and family nights.
- Manages the show contracts pertaining to educational and community outreach programs.
- Coordinates with house staff to ensure school time performance runs smoothly.
- Assists in the general administrative functions in connection with VWPAH educational department.
- Represents the Van Wezel’s Education Department at talkback events, workshops and meetings to include evenings and weekends.
- Manages the Van Wezel’s Education Department Social Media.
- The intent of this class description is to provide a representation summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of classifications given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbent may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts, Theater Administration, Education or closely related field.
• Experience in the field of performing arts administration, preferably in a theater environment or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in lieu of educational requirement.
Job Based Competencies
• Ability to represent the Executive Director of VWPAH with civic groups, service clubs and other local, regional and national organizations in activities to promote community cultural growth and enhancement and assure continuing support of VWPAH plans and objectives.
• Ability to meet overall objectives for VWPAH.
• Understanding and appreciation of the important role of the performing arts in society.
• Knowledge of public administration and management including strong public relations skills and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of arts integration, theatre education or K-8 education is desired.
• Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
• Ability to analyze facts and to exercise sound judgment.
• Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, the general public, performing artists and their representatives.
• Proficiency in microcomputer software such as excel, word and design publishing.
• Knowledge of accounting and mathematics sufficient for the duties of ticket sales and accounting required for the position.