Visit Sarasota County Seeks a Digital Coordinator
• The Digital Coordinator plays a critical part in maintaining the Visit Sarasota County
(VSC) CRM and CMS and serves as the resource to monitor and optimize VSC’s
website and various digital platforms, working closely with the website firm. This role
is responsible for ensuring both visitors and local partner businesses are satisfied
when visiting our website or app, including the event calendar, deals page and
partner listings, or reading newsletters and connecting with us on digital platforms
such as social media. A creative and analytical mind is needed to complete the daily
duties of this position, which also includes graphic design.
• This position reports directly to the Communications & Content Manager and works
closely with all brand team members as well as other employees of Visit Sarasota
County, particularly when working on special web-based campaigns and programs.
This position serves at-will and is a non-exempt employee.
• Visit Sarasota County strives to create an environment where creativity, collaboration
and efficacy empower each member of the team to reach their goals, and in turn,
impact Sarasota County’s tourism industry. We know a well-rounded group of diverse
personalities and talents is the best approach to reach and resonate with potential
visitors, whom we hope to convert.
Qualifications & Skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail, as well as the ability to adapt to changes
is vitally important to this position. This person should be able to create a task
list and work self-guided one task at a time.
- Must come to work with a positive attitude and bring an eagerness to take on
tasks that may require additional training and certifications, such as a Google
- HTML and CSS skills will be utilized daily.
- Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop utilized
- Content Management System experience is required. Drupal experience a
- Must be able to review documents for spelling and grammatical errors and be
able to write content, social media posts and partner-specific copy.
- SEO and SEM knowledgeable.
- Proficient in analytics reports and terminology, specifically Google and
- Experience with major Social Media Platforms such as Facebook, Instagram
- Experience with YouTube, TripAdvisor, and apps a plus.
- College degree preferred, but not required.
• Duties & Responsibilities
a. Daily maintenance of VisitSarasota.org, including but not limited to:
managing partner listings, uploading and prioritizing content on
homepage and subsequent landing pages, removing old and outdated
content, and keeping a great experience for potential visitors to start
planning their journey. This includes interacting positively with
partners, visitors and team members on staff.
b. Daily supervision of event and deal listings, including creation when
necessary as well as review, approval and potentially revise. Set aside
time to contact partners weekly to encourage participation on site.
c. Daily review and approval of partner content on the website.
d. Ongoing review and maintenance of niche marketing pages, such as
Sports.VisitSarasota.org, SavorSarasota.com and SarasotaBigPass.com.
e. Create and send newsletters and communications on a weekly and
monthly basis through email marketing platform.
f. Ongoing maintenance of Visit Sarasota app(s) with assistance from
g. Monitor vanity URLs and renew through ENOM. Includes purchase of
new URLs as needed.
h. Attend quarterly meetings with the Communications & Content
Manager and each department to review important pages with info
pertinent to Sports, Meetings and Group Sales, Advertising and
i. Build monthly analytic reports and deliver to staff.
j. Supervise new technology integration, CRM revamps and other
projects as directed by the Communications & Content Manager.
a. Develop marketing materials as needed by brand, sales or sports team.
b. Create graphics efficiently and within tight timelines.
c. Understand and design with brand standards in mind in order to create
d. Creative thinking and ability to contribute to team brainstorming
sessions and projects.
a. Monitor digital presence of Visit Sarasota County on Facebook, Twitter,
Instagram, YouTube, TripAdvisor and Google daily.
b. Respond and engage visitors on social media platforms daily. Share/repost content as you see fit and in conjunction with the Content
c. Periodically evaluate performance of social platforms and research
ways to improve social media following.
a. Maintain a professional, positive attitude, and represent the brand well
when attending organizational events such as partner coffees,
orientations, and Tourism U courses.
To apply, send a resume to Andrea Hunt, Finance Director, at AHunt@VisitSarasota.com.